Throughout the year TeamWorks offers training camps or clinics for local races such as the Grandman in Fairhope, Brett Robinson Alabama Coastal in Gulf Shores, or SRI TRI (Santa Rosa Island sprint tri) in Pensacola. Camps are accomplished via online training instructions plus weekly training meetings to perform and discuss specifics regarding your upcoming triathlon race.
MULTI-DAY TRI CAMP $Varies
- MULTI WEEK CAMPS $150 – $200
- 2019 GRANDMAN TRI CAMP 10YR ANNIVERSARY 12-WEEKS $150 or 2 for $100 each
- USAT sanctioned camp
- Choose from newbie to intermediate plans
- Daily online programmed multisport training via Training Peaks (www.trainingpeaks.com)
- Free BASIC athlete account on Training Peaks
- Weekly group training (Opt’l) on Grandman race course + Triathlon discussion topic
- Includes Race Rehearsal (Mock Tri-May 18th) on Race Course
- REGISTER NOW https://www.active.com/fairhope-al/triathlon/camps/grandman-tri-camp-10yr-anniversary-alumni-reunion-2019
- COMING SOON –>ONE WEEK CAMP $75 – A week (Mon – Sat) in the life of a budding triathlete- Beg., Interm., Adv. skill levels.
- Meet Mon-Sat. for designated 1.5HR A.M. or P.M. Coached Training + Discussion
- Discussion – Swim, Bike, Run, Swim + T1 + Bike, Bike + T2 + Run; Triathlon-putting it all together.
- Equipment Checklist provided
- Mini Tri included
MOCK TRIATHLON/CLINIC $30
- USAT Sanctioned Clinic
- Grandman full course race rehearsal—Also known as Chris Miller Memorial Mock Tri (or any other race rehearsal).
- Includes discussion on transition set-up and execution + Commonly violated rules and penalties.
- Must be a member of USA Triathlon or pay $15 1-day license fee.
HALF DAY $25 or FULL DAY $50 TRI OR OPEN WATER SWIM CLINIC
- USA TRIATHLON or US MASTERS SWIMMING Sanctioned Clinic
- MUST BE A MEMBER of USA Triathlon or USMS or pay $15 1-day license fee.
- FIRST TIMER SWIM OR TRI CLINIC
- Minimum physical requirements:
- Must have proper swim gear/attire + be able to swim 25yd non-stop in open water.
- Must have certified bike helmet & rear flashing (red) bike light.
- Must be able to ride 15 miles on the bike non-stop.
- Must be able to drink from water bottle on bike.
- Must be able to run or run/walk 3 miles non-stop.
- CLINIC DISCUSSION & PRACTICE: What does it take to do triathlon?
- Mental & Physical readiness
- TRI gear checklist & discussion
- Scheduling daily multisport training
- Why warm up?
- RPE ZONE Training
- Workout types & Execution
- Swimming, Biking, Running in a group—Protocols & Practice
- CLINIC DISCUSSION & PRACTICE: Success with open water swimming
- Open water vs. Pool stroke technique
- Honing Your Stroke Drills
- Sighting; Drafting; Buoy turns
- Success swimming in a pack
- How to successfully wear + swim with a wetsuit